Sunday, June 15, 2008

TO THE DADDY-TO-BE

Dear Daddy,

I know things haven’t been as smooth as we’d have liked. I try to tell you often how great you are and how much I love you. But words just never seem to get the message across the way I want it to. Our little girl isn’t even here yet and you’ve sacrificed so much for her. I know I’ve complained more than I should, but you just keep going. I want you to know, really know, how much I appreciate you.

One of the things that attracted me to you in the first place was the way you interacted with people, kids in particular. You are playful and kind. And you care enough to not let bad behavior go on. You are loving. The way you’ve been talking to our sweet baby girl, I just can’t wait til you meet her in person! I want to see the look in your eyes.

This little one will change our lives forever, and we’ll wonder what we ever did without her. My prayer for you has been, and will be, that you will be a God chasing man. And from there, you will be a loving father to your children. You may not always be perfect, but with God’s wisdom and grace, you’ll certainly never do the job halfheartedly. I pray that you’ll be patient as she learns and grows, strong when she is trying that patience, stern enough to discipline in love, and full of forgiveness and mercy.

You are the love of my life and I’m sure you’ll be the love of hers. If you are nervous at all about this new adventure, I can’t tell. You are going to be a terrific daddy and I’m proud to be the mommy. Thank you for all you do. I love you, and so does Lilian*.


PS. She says she’ll see you soon!


*Not final name until we meet her*

No comments: