Monday, May 14, 2007

Truss and Obey

What a weekend! Talk about changes (Roof Trusses). You guys are going to think we aren't keeping busy from here on out because it won't be so dramatic. My job was to do what I was told (Obey). I keep the guys supplied with bracing, and picked up any tools that accidentally got dropped. I'd like to think I was a little part that made a big difference.

Boy, did God pull through in a BIG way. First off, Jeff was kind of worried if we would have enough men to help out, and 7 men were there! SUPER! As if that wasn't blessing enough, he provided picture perfect weather. Yeah, it was a little warm for the guys, but I think it could've been 30 degrees and they would've been sweating. Let me just give a little thanks and Praise to God for Mike, Tim, Kevin, J.D., Jerry, and Bruce for all they did! Also, to my mom Tish for feeding the crew and Jeff's mom Ricky Kay for being a go-fer like me. Thank you, Sandy for being those extra hands that made loading sheeting SO much easier. May you all be blessed because of your efforts to help others! Here's the pics.


Here is the first roof truss. They say the greatest journey begins with a single step.


Here's the view from the back. The crane was bringing 2 trusses at a time. Those guys were really working to keep up!


Here's the front bedrooms getting set after all the others were done.

No comments: