Monday, May 14, 2007

Raise the ROOF!

In addition to getting those trusses up, those guys helped get the sheeting on. The back is finished and the front of the garage. This will be a work in progress over the next week or so. The different angles on the roof have to be tied together and then covered. This is a time consuming process. I did gain a new appreciation for this type of work when it was just Jeff, Ricky Kay, and myself trying to put on some sheeting above the porch. Wow! That stuff is heavy! I even had to get on the roof, by climbing a ladder on top of scaffolding, to help nail down some boards.

This is where my age is starting to become a problem. I'm feeling old. (Quick shout out to my friend Cristina who is suffering from the same age as myself- 30) I used to be a monkey. I could climb trees and rocks and whatever. Now, to get on that scaffolding, I was wobbly and could barely get on it! And then he wanted me to get on the roof!? Let's just say that my knees were a little shakey. Maybe by the end of this adventure, I'll regain some of my monkey-ness. Ya think? My mom told me this morning that I'm growing up since I have this little fear of climbing rickety things. I'm sure my 4 year old nephew wouldn't have the slightest hesitation climbing up there if his mom would let him. Obviously I'm not 4 years old anymore, but I just don't consider myself old enough to worry about climbing on this stuff. Ok, there's some rambling from my little brain, enjoy. Here's more pics.



Mike and Jeff putting some of that heavy sheeting on the back side of the house.




Here's the back of the house.



This is the front of the house. The garage portion of the roof was done on Saturday. The part above the porch is what Ricky Kay and myself helped Jeff with. Like I said, I have a new respect for this type of work.

No comments: