Tuesday, May 29, 2007

One Piece at a Time

Well, it's been a slow process but we are getting there. Finally all the wall sheeting is up, the roof sheeting is on, and now we can move on. Getting the shingles on is the next step so that the inside will actually stay dry. (That'd be a good thing :) ) We are hoping to hire someone to do that but we'll just have to see if anyone is available for a reasonable price.

Courage/Bravery-is not the lack of fear, but doing what needs to be done in spite of fear. We could all use a little of this in life, couldn't we? I wouldn't say that I'm really afraid of heights, but they do unnerve me a little. Especially when you are 2 stories up, at the peak of the roof on a 2 foot ledge, trying to hang over it, to hold a board underneath said ledge. Repeat several times. I have 2 insights related to these experiences. One is that the more you do such crazy things, the less scary it becomes. And two, is that Jeff is quite amazing in all he does to get the work done on this house. I can only assume that he gets a little nervous doing such things, but doesn't show it in the slightest. What a man! So the moral of this lesson in relation to faith in Christ, is that no matter how scary the task (witnessing, teaching a class for the first time, venturing out of the 'ol comfort zone), you won't fall and next time it will be easier. Easier said than done, I know. If I could just push my faith as much as I push my body, I think the Lord would be more pleased with me.


On a lighter side, Caleb and Rachel (nephew and niece), are here. Caleb had his first experience with a circular saw. The first try, he missed the line completely. The second try, he was a whole lot closer. The third time's the charm because he did good on that one. He'll be a pro by the time 3 weeks is up.


Alright, onto the pictures:
These three pics are of the pieces that were finished up this weekend with the walls, and roofing.
Here's Caleb on the ladder, that's about as far as he would go!

No comments: