Sunday, May 30, 2010

Potty Training: Days 4 & 5

Lilian is doing so well! Let's start with day 4. She was WAY crabby Saturday when she got up. Combine that with a nervous daddy (she went pee on him 3 times on wednesday) who took her potty every few minutes, and you had a situation where no one wins. I left to go do a youth activity at church. During that time, Lilian decided she needed a nap and slept for almost 2 hours! Well, that was good, and she definitely woke up in a better humor, but we had to go to a cookout later and I didn't want a crabby girl for that either! The whole time, she had stayed dry and everything was good. She did head back for a nap in the afternoon, but it was just a power nap...it worked. The only accident was right before we left for the cookout. We had a great time out at mom and Ernie's place, Ernie's daughter, Amy, was there, and my sis's fam all came. Lilian ended up with a couple of #2 incidents, but she did say she needed to go, but didn't give enough warning. Maybe the hotdog didn't agree with her.

On to day 5, Sunday. I was a bit nervous. We spend a good deal of time at church on Sunday, especially Sun. morning. I hesitated to put her in a pull-up because I was afraid she'd think diaper and just pee. But I couldn't risk an accident when it wasn't my carpet and apolstery. We took her frequently and she even told us when she needed to go! We did have a minor #2 incident at home before church, but ended up on the potty to finish that one. Otherwise, she was dry ALL DAY LONG! I'm certainly feeling good about things. I know there will be accidents, and we may have a bad day tomorrow...but for now, I'm so proud of my BIG GIRL!

No comments: