Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Potty Training: Day .5

I took advantage of Jeff being home for the evening to start potty training so I could have some support. After Lilian's nap, we put her in big girl panties. We then went outside to check on the garden and Jeff put Lilian on his shoulders for the walk out there, (a risky move in my opinion), but all was well. We promptly came back to the house to get the tiller since we decided the ground was dry enough and then she had accident #1. All of this transpired in about 10 minutes time. Then Nana came over. Lilian is one serious Nana's girl. All was well for a while, I made supper, we checked on the garden again with Nana, and watched the finale of Biggest Loser. Lilian went to the potty twice successfully and had 1 more "accident". So for day .5 we are 2 and 2. Not too bad. Although, Lilian was SO excited every time Nana suggested potty (she's not that excited for me) that I'm kinda thinking she ought to just stay with us for a few days and we'd get this licked. But we'll see what day 1 holds. I'll keep you posted...for those who care. :)

3 comments:

Churds said...

I think Day 1 is the hardest part so don't give in no matter how many accidents! if she's willing to try let her although i gotta say I tried with max (two days at a time) prob 4 times over the past year and he just wasnt ready yet. He wouldn't even sit on the potty before now. God's blessing on you two! Trudie

Becky said...

Oh, Tia, I will definitely be thinking of you. Potty training was the bane of my existence for far too long, but good news for you is that I have heard that many girls are WAY easier than boys. Good luck!

Jill said...

Woo hoo! Go, girls, go!