Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Potty Training: 1 Week

I decided to wait and see if Lilian would tell me she needed to potty. Yeah, didn't happen. I cleaned up several messes today. We were both frustrated. Lilian sat on the potty and cried while I cleaned up a mess. Jeff and I are both asking her constantly if she needs to go, giving her every opportunity to go on her own accord. Finally tonight, she said she needed to go potty. So i tried a new tactic...marshmallows for a reward. She was thrilled to get a marshmallow! Of course she wanted more, and I had to explain that she would only get a marshmallow when she told us she needed to go potty. A little while later, she said it again! This time she did two jobs! Oh yeah! #2 and #1! Yep, she got marshmallows. Then she was so excited that she did it, I about never got her off the pot! She's get up, look at it, and then say, "I go pee pee again!". She didn't get any more marshmallows. But, maybe I've found a ploy that will work. Credit goes to my friend Jill for the idea...that's what she did with her kiddos. :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

yes, bribery worked well in our household too. We eventually for #2 went to a reward with a special toy. I bought them each "special" cars that would sit on the back of the toilet and only when they get to play with these cars and then have to put them back. they are still referred to as "special cars" in our house. LOL
Good luck, seems like she is doing great!