Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Xtreme Forgiveness

I was young in the days of Xtreme Sports, and everyone just ran with the whole "Xtreme" thing. Everything was Xtreme something...but I've recently been tested in the area of forgiveness. Lilian has been screaming if she doesn't get her way, right away. (i know the best is coming in a year or two) But we get to work up to it, right? Anyways, she just really tries my patience when she's throwing a complete fit because we won't let her dismantle the nightlights, or drag all the junk out of the cabinets. But once she gets over her tirade, she's fine and dandy and ready to play. I don't know about you, but I need a few minutes to recover. And yet, I find myself smiling and moving on just like she has. It would seem, however, that her recovery doesn't take much, it's just that she's over it that quickly. When I smile and play with her again, it has taken quite a bit of will power not to be angry with her and hold a grudge. And it happens many times a day! So, how would the world be different, if we forced ourselves to forgive and move on? Would it be a kinder place? Safer? Isn't it nice that we have a God who forgives us each and every time we come to Him? Does He get tired of us? I know He gets heartbroken over us. And then forgives and casts our sins into the sea of forgetfulness. How sweet a thought.

1 comment:

Deena said...

I've added your blog to my page, if that's okay with you. I'm at http://danceswithmonkeys.blogspot.com/


Your daughter is adorable!! And I haven't read back too far, but enjoy your blog as well. Mine is slow, as I don't post often, since I don't feel my life is interesting very often. lol