Tuesday, March 3, 2009

100th POST

Let's just say this one has taken me a while. I guess it's blogging "tradition" to post 100 things on your 100th post. But I've got some other posts I want to make, so I had to really think hard to get this one going. Anyways, HERE WE GO!

100 things about me:

1. I am a Christian
2. I am a mother to Lilian
3. I am a wife to Jeff
4. I am a daughter to Chuck and Tish
5. My dad died in a sky-diving accident on April 24, 1999
6. I wrote a song while driving back to college from his funeral
7. I am a sister to Stacy
8. I am a sister-in-law to Stacey
9. I am an Aunt to Nathaniel, Josie, Caleb, and Rachel
10. I am a high school Sunday School teacher
11. I play the violin
12. I play the guitar at church
13. I can also play the piano
14. I can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on almost any instrument, because…
15. I really dislike the clarinet
16. I am a music teacher
17. I love my orchestra kids
18. I am a Free Will Baptist
19. I went to Field Grade School
20. I went to Mt. Vernon High School
21. I went to Free Will Baptist Bible College (Nashville, TN)
22. I played in the orchestra at Belmont University (Nashville, TN)
23. I love Gobstoppers
24. I helped build our house
25. I know how to wire outlets and light switches
26. I played basketball in college
27. I like technology
28. I want to learn French
29. I was a daddy’s girl
30. My favorite song right now is Mighty to Save by Laura Story
31. My favorite movie is Finding Nemo
32. I am bossy
33. I am 31 years old
34. I was 27 years old when I got married
35. I spent 5 years in college
36. I spent 1 year teaching on St. Croix, Virgin Islands
37. I have been to France
38. I have been to Mexico
39. I have been to 20 states
40. I worked at a fruit orchard picking Strawberries
41. I worked in the children’s department at a store
42. I worked at a day care
43. I worked at a bank
44. I was a lifeguard
45. I have had to rescue a child from drowning before…not fun
46. I love Camp Hope
47. I’m relatively organized
48. My brain hurts from trying to think of 100 things about myself
49. I like tulips
50. I don’t like roses
51. I like to cook
52. I started the orchestra program in Salem
53. I don’t have a favorite color
54. I like to watch movies
55. I like plants
56. Plants don’t like me
57. My favorite food is fried ham w/mashed potatoes and gravy and g’ma’s biscuits
58. My other favorite food is mesquite grilled chicken w/fresh green beans and corn on the cob
59. I can make kick butt chocolate chip cookies
60. My favorite dessert is blackberry cobbler
61. My favorite jelly is blackberry
62. My favorite fruit is raspberries
63. I like to go camping
64. I like to go canoeing
65. I like to go skiing
66. I absolutely cannot snowboard
67. I can bat right and left handed
68. I have a small collection of instruments from around the world
69. I wear 7 ½ shoes
70. I love to shop
71. I have a collection of bottles shaped like violins-35 at last count
72. My house is mostly tan
73. My favorite restaurant is the Old Spaghetti Factory
74. I hate running without a purpose (like basketball)
75. I tried hiking 20 miles in TN (didn’t quite make it)
76. I have never been water skiing
77. I can shoot a gun
78. I can hit at least 1 out of 3 clay pigeons
79. I am the firstborn child
80. I don’t know how to edit videos
81. I LOVE playing with Lilian (my daughter)
82. I like cats better than dogs
83. I lived in Chicago one summer
84. I lived in Springfield, IL another summer
85. Sleeping is my favorite hobby
86. I want a pool
87. I love swimming
88. I’ve always wanted to learn how to dive (think Olympics!)
89. I can’t draw
90. When painting a room, I’m an edger
91. I can type fast
92. I love wearing jeans and sweatshirts or t-shirts
93. I was once in a band called the Losers
94. I teach music from a cart to 1st-3rd graders
95. I love Christian rock music
96. I also love classical music
97. Vivaldi is my favorite composer
98. The Baroque era was my favorite period in music (1500-1650)
99. The lowest note I’ve ever sang was the C below middle C (we’re talking bass range on that one!)
100. I actually enjoy canning, but only with my grandma/and other family

No comments: