Monday, August 2, 2010

Big Girl Bed

We got my niece's old daybed, since she got a bigger bed too, for Lilian's first Big Girl Bed. She has done really well. She has only tried to climb out twice when she should stay in. As a quick side note-update on potty training-Lilian is diaper free! Our big hurdle of sleeping overnight has been conquered! She stayed dry for at least 2 weeks before I tried her out, but it's been dry ever since. I'm sure accidents will happen...but I'm knocking on wood here...She's done really awesome! The big girl bed is definitely a hit! She's still trying to show people her new bed! People like Paw Paw and Nana who've seen it lots of times now! Jeff and I were just wondering the other day...where did our baby go? She's a big girl and we are so proud of her! I'm excited to see how God will use her. Even as a young child, she brightens everyone's face at church...for example...she will occasionally start clapping and cheering, "YEAH!", at the end of a song. Don't you wish our churches were full of that kind of worshipper?? Another example...we were watching a video series on Sun. nights and at the end of the DVD the man prays. When he says Amen...she responds with her own hearty, Amen! pretty great I think!


Just Chillin'


This is what "cheese" looks like.

1 comment:

Deena said...

Lol. I love it.

I, on the other hand, have yet to make good on converting my daughter's bed into a "big girl bed"... and she's 6. But she's my baby, too. C was out of that bed before age 3, to his bunk bed, but that was because we needed the crib for the new baby.