Monday, July 6, 2009

Women of Faith

I attended the Women of Faith Conference in St. Louis. It was a blast! First of all, the 5 of us from church that went had a really good time together. Never a lack of conversation. The trip got started off right when we stopped by Starbucks! YUMMY! My favorite speakers were Marilyn Meberg and Patsy Clairmont. They had really good things to say and they were hilarioius! The musical guests were Steven Curtis Chapman, Mandesa, and Sandi Patty...and that was my order of favorites. I cried all through the friday night session which ended with Steven Curtis Chapman. It was a good thing though. I learned a few things, one of which was that people out there have much bigger problems than I have ever faced. I am so blessed to come from a strong Christian family. I had a stable childhood, and my husband is the same.

Also at the conference was Lisa Welchel, "Blair" from the 'Facts of Life'. I LOVED that show. And although her talk wasn't my favorite, I was excited to meet her. It was all good and ended with a stop at Maggie Moo's for ice cream! Good times! Can't wait to do it again, Indy next year...I hope the Penn's have a house by then. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isaiah and I will make some fishing plans for next year so that Wendy and Brooklyn and the gals from Calvary can have their space. :)