Sunday, November 23, 2008

Family Togetherness

Here is what I believe is the first time my mom's side of the family has all been in a picture together. It's certainly not professional. But this shot represents many things.

First, there are 3 more people in this picture than there would have been last year. Lilian was born first, 4 weeks later, Evan came along. Then just a few weeks ago, Landon made his grand arrival. It's been a busy year for many of us. My grandmother now has 10 Great Grandchildren! I think she's just as happy with each new baby. It just doesn't become "old hat".


Also, this weekend, Thanksgiving Dinner was at our house. I know this was kind of hard on Grandma not to be the "hostess". When all was said and done, I don't see how she did it all. It's a chore having all those people in your house and then cleaning up afterwards. I think all went well, however. Last year, besides being packed into her house like sardines, we ate in the dark. Of course, that wasn't her fault, but oh the memories!

I used to get so crazy hyper nuts when we got together with the "cousins". I can kind of see that in Josie and Nathaniel when they come running because "baby Lilian's here!" I hope they can have good memories like I have.

Here's the family.

No comments: